Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Am I really doing this?

 I finally did it.
 I created a blog.
 I have avoided it for so long because, well, who really cares what I have to say?
The truth is, though, I have gone to bed every night with so many thoughts on various subjects. Things that God is teaching me, encouraging me with, and if I'm honest convicting me of. Things that I don't wanna keep to myself...most of the time.
Let me introduce myself.
My name is Ruth. I am a follower of Jesus, Son of the Living God. I have been married to a wonderful man for almost 12 years now. (Good golly time goes by quickly!). I have five little darlings...Victory who is 9 and full of energy, Light who is 7 and very graceful, Gift who is 5 and precocious, Runner, who was so enthusiastic that he ran right back into the arms of his creator before he even drew his first breath, and Harvest...who has been teaching me the true meaning of faith through her first 9 months plus 10.
I am a work in progress.

Last night as I was contemplating one of the many lessons God is trying to teach me...I felt compelled to share.

 Obedience.
Such a powerful word that brings up many emotions.  Am I obedient to my Father in heaven? If He asked me to speak...would I speak? Of course...if I knew everyone would agree with me. But what about when it's not a popular subject? What if everyone who hears will laugh or throw my words back into my face....would I still speak up...or out?

 I think this blog is the first step. I hope to share my many thoughts and epiphanies. I can assure you that it will be infrequent, hopefully funny, and sometimes disagreeable...I may even add pictures if I can figure it out! Will many people read it....... who knows? Will everybody like it?.....probably not. Will my spelling and grammar be atrocious?...Absolutely!!!
But when God says speak.....who am I to say "no"?


                                                         Yes! I figured it out!

1 comment:

  1. Say what you gotta say. If you don't then someone may not hear what they need to hear.

    ReplyDelete